Monday, July 18, 2011

Day 016 Ostrava

The last music & rest day is over - tomorrow I'll be on my bike again heading to Bratislava. I started the day with 2 concerts in the church: David Hykes who had some nice overtone singing but was overall a bit too esoteric for me and belgian acoustic chamber rock group Aranis who were interesting. The main part of the afternoon I spent with further travel planning, charging the batteries for the next days and getting ready for the Grand Finale. First of the last three artists was the great Yann Tiersen who delivered the last act of beauty on this festival - that does not mean that the remaining acts were not enjoyable! I really really appreciate the festival organizers sense of drama shown by scheduling the whole thing in such a way that 4 days of beautiful, light hearted and cheerful music were literally torn down by the last 2 acts, namely: the amazingly inspired monotonic drone noise dreadfulness of the Swans followed by the blunt hairy Garage Rock nastiness of Nick Cave's Grinderman. I was surprised to see how many people attended (and did not leave throughout) both shows. My ears need some rest now. Good Night.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Marek,
    sind auch morgen in Istanbul 12Uhr vor der großen Markthalle. Vielleicht klappt s ja.
    http://discovering-tandem-tour.com/
    meld Dich mal
    matze@discovering-tandem-tour.com
    Fahren morgen nachmittag raus aus Budapest auf einen Zeltplatz.

    ReplyDelete