Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 010 Svata Katerina > Usti nad Orlici

I had an early breakfast with my host Radek and started cycling with a very handy cheat sheet he kindly prepared with me in the evening. Again a big thank you to Katka & Radek for being such nice hosts :o) As Radek knows about all cycle paths around, cycling went very smoothly. I basically followed Elbe until Pardubice, then left it for the Orlice valley and ended up with more then 100 km again. At first I had planned to spend the night at an official camp ground in Usti nad Orlici, but I fell in love with a meadow on river Ticha Orlice (Stille Adler), so I stopped some km before. I cleaned and adjusted my bike a bit and spent the rest of the evening doing music, especially trying to unravel the secrets of the blues harp :o).
Tomorrow morning will be pretty hilly as I will cross the Orlicke Mountains (Adlergebirge) - thus I will cross 2 very special borders: from Bohemia into Moravia and from my home watershed (Elbe - North Sea) into the Danube - Black Sea watershed. From tomorrow on everything will go even more smoothly as I will be finally going downstream for a long long time.







2 comments:

  1. Talented Musicians: Mc M. and Trabant! 8~E B-)>

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha... "Guten Tag!" you made my day! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete