Friday, July 29, 2011

Day 028 Dunaújváros - Kalocsa

Today started with a short city tour and Langos-breakfast with my host Viktor. The guys that planned the town in the 50s did a good job - it looks like a very livable place. After saying farewell to my excellent host I crossed Danube again on the same way I came yesterday. This time the weather permitted me to admire the views from the bridge - first treetops seen from above nearby and Dunaújváros' industrial area in the distance then the Danube which is already pretty broad here. I was warned by Viktor that the rest of the ride would be an exercise in monotony. Ok, the landscape certainly was not very exciting, but mostly good roads, tailwind and friendly people made the day enjoyable enough. I had some trouble finding a place to rest in Kalocsa as the only accomodation seemed to be an overpriced wellness hotel, but fortunately I cycled past a small pension/restaurant when leaving Kalocsa, so I am both fed and relaxed now.







No comments:

Post a Comment