Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day 030 Mohacs - Osijek

Finally back to country changing mania. Today I left Hungary and entered Croatia.
This morning I had breakfast, a bit of bike tour talk and a relaxed guitar playing session with my wonderful host Alexandra and her mom. And thanks to Alexandra I finally have a mission, Yayyy ! I will deliver something to Izmir :o).
There was also a family member who really really did not want to let me go:

Croatia welcomed me with nice weather, very friendly people and for a change even with a small hill with a beautiful outlook on Croatia (left), Serbia (right, on other side of Danube, (here: Dunav)) and Hungary (in the background) plus a dramatically placed war memorial.
 Todays destination was Osijek which surprised me with a well preserved, very atmospheric old town:

And finally - statistics:

Hungary:
Days spent in country: 8
Cycling days: 7
Rest days: 1
Distance cycled: 491,5 km
Average km/day: ca. 61,5 km
Money spent: 217,19 €
Average €/day: 27,15 €
Accomodation:
- Couchsurfing: 4 nights
- Camping: 2 nights
- Pension/Hotel: 2 nights
Things broke: Part of my trousers-from-chain-wheel-dirt-saving-device
Things lost: my horsewhip :(

2 comments:

  1. Hallo Marek, ich verfolge Deinen Blog jetzt schon eine ganze Weile - ich kann nur eines sagen: zieh durch und pass auf Dich auf - das mit Deinem Gepäckträger ist ärgerlich, aber Du hast ja in Ungarn Ersatz gefunden - übrigens: sollte es mal an einem Ersatzteil hapern: Es sollte doch kein Problem sein, hier in DE etwas zu kaufen und Dir irgendwie zukommen zu lassen, oder?

    Grüße, Andrej (&Ina)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Marek,
    wir verfolgen deine Heldentaten hier jeden Tag! Ich kann es nicht erwarten, dich zu begleiten - Helena freut sich dann dich und mich in Antalya zu sehen! Sollen wir dir eine neue Peitsche mitbringen? ;)
    LG und einen dicken Kuss von H,L&J

    ReplyDelete