Saturday, July 16, 2011

Day 015 Ostrava

Still no cycling, just Music and Relaxation today :-) This morning I took a short walk through Ostravas center, which is very nice - there are also some stages with some festival artists playing in the city which are free to visit for everyone. Today I did not have many plans about which concerts to visit, so I was just walking around and stayed wherever I liked the music. The day started with a lot of horns (both brass & saxophones): czech fun ska with horns, belgian-french balkan brass style stuff with horns (obviously), english technobeat-RnB-jazz with horns... Then finally some czech bands made me stay longer: Madebythefire (wonderfully complex math metal) & Kacu! (completely crazy cello & morin khuur jazz). Nevertheless someone (8-E) tried to convince me that the best czech band was the one called Traband (though I also have to admit that I like their concept of using a tuba [yep, horns again] instead of a bass guitar [something I always wanted to try out in my own band - even though my band was not very fond of that idea]).
The best concert today was definitely Mono from Japan. I got warned by several friends that they would be great, and they were great :o)









1 comment:

  1. Come on.. Traband is great :) though there are people trying to convince me they are not :oo
    F.

    ReplyDelete