Saturday, July 23, 2011

Day 021 Malacky - Neusiedl am See

Ok, it seems to be something personal between the guy responsible for Slovakian weather and me. When I started in Malacky the weather was ok (read: not raining). Less than an hour later the guy obviously had realized that Marek is on the road and opened the tap. So again I cycled through Slovakia in the rain, arrived at Danube in the rain, saw Bratislava in the rain, crossed the Austrian border in the rain - and about 10 min. later the rain stopped: Austria welcomed me with sunshine and a lot of wind - which in this case helped a lot in drying my drenched clothes. The ride through Austria was smooth, except for one short headwind area on Windradweg (wind cycle path). I was welcomed most wonderfully by the Goldschmidt family in Neusiedl am See and spent a very relaxing evening at their place.










No comments:

Post a Comment