Sunday, July 24, 2011

Day 022 Neusiedl am See - Györ

This day had a great beginning and a great end and the inbetween was not so bad neither. In the morning my wonderful hosts and I had breakfast before I set off. Thanks a lot to Claudia and Ronny Goldschmidt and their son and their dog for being so hospitable to a dusty, tired cyclist. I once again crossed a border - this time to Hungary. There I drove along Eurovelo 6 (Danube Cycle Path), which seems to be some cycle highway - today I met more fellow cycle travellers than in all days before. One bad thing about this day: I noticed that my front carrier broke. Fortunately in a not very crucial place - I fixed it in a rough-and-ready way and hopefully will find replacement in Budapest. The long cycling today went well - no mountains here and only a little rain. In the evening I arrived in Györ, where my couchsurfing host Balázs introduced me into the Györ Saturday Night Scene, which was great and long (see the time I am posting this) - we even ended the night with an double base and nose flute session, yeah!









No comments:

Post a Comment