Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day 001 Leipzig > Kriebstein

If all days will be as good as the first, this will become a wonderful trip. My closest friend gave me a great farewell in the park and I got the most most most lovely gift for each and every day of my journey. Thank you so so so very much!!!
And also a big thank you to all the nice people who wrote me to wish me good luck for my bicycle trip - you all give me a lot of tailwind :o)
We arrived in Kriebstein after nearly 100km - the way along the river Mulde was very beautiful and despite the cloudy sky we were lucky - most of the day when there was rain the leaves gave us shelter. Only shortly before arriving we got a bit wet, but now we are save and warm. After a nice dinner with my sister we will immediately go to dreamland now. It seems that we are just not used to cycling in a very hilly area yet (and that with my household for one year in the panniers), so we are a bit tired now.
Oh, speaking of panniers: on the first day the first part of equipment broke down - but after summoning all my skills as a craftsman I was able to fix it in the most professional manner :o)


3 comments:

  1. Sleep well my dear and thank you for keeping us up-to-date!
    Verena

    ReplyDelete
  2. mit wem bist du denn unterwegs? Dachte du fährst allein??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Das Herbstblatt wünscht dir viel Auf- und Rückenwind! :o)

    ReplyDelete